POSITION: Warehouse Supervisor
DEPARTMENT: Food & Beverage
REPORTS TO: Executive Chef
FLSA STATUS: F/T – Hourly/Non-Exempt
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for a Warehouse Supervisor at the Raising Cane’s River Center. The Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for monitoring product and inventory for the Food & Beverage Department.
- Receive ordered goods and ensure order agrees to receiving report.
- Receive concessions starting inventory and transfer food and beverage items to concession stands according to Food and Beverage procedures.
- Direct storage, preparation and service of concession merchandise.
- Work with peer management to ensure the necessary inventory is ordered, stocked and available.
- Work with peer management to ensure timely inventory tracking reporting for concessions and catering events.
- Ensure adequate storage of merchandise by continual supervision of stock levels.
- Ensure warehouse is clean and neat. Rotate inventory to minimize spoilage based on FIFO method.
- Maintain and reconcile all pertinent logs, transfer sheets and ensure that all transfers are documented.
- Maintenance of all concession equipment, mobile and immobile, and ensuring that proper sanitation procedures are followed for all concessions points of sale.
- Conduct monthly inventory counts with peer management.
- Answering all forms of communication including email and phone calls in a timely manner.
- Fulfilling all administrative duties required of HR, Department Director and the Executive Chef.
- Maintain safe, secure, and sanitary working conditions and leave work area in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Abides by all SMG policies in the Human Resources Policies and Procedures, the Business Code of Conduct, and the Cash Handling Procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Must be able to pass a credit check, background check and references check.
- Two years of proven warehouse experience.
- Must be ServSafe certified
- Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative with minimal supervision.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with employees and others encountered through the course of employment.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results in a fast-paced environment.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines. Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Operate standard office equipment and personal computer (s MS Windows, MS Excel, MS Outlook MS Word, and Peachtree accounting software.
- Must be able to stand/walk for the duration of shift and must be able to carry and lift according to industry standards.
- Two years previous warehouse experience.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate effectively to superiors, peers and subordinates.
- Must have command of basic math skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Must have a working knowledge of the FIFO method and the inventory process.
- Must possess problem solving skills.