POSITION: VAULT CLERK
REPORTS TO: Food and Beverage Accountant, Accountant Clerk – Accounts Payable
FLSA STATUS: Hourly, Non-Exempt
Summary: Under supervision of the Food and Beverage Account and the Staff Accountant – Accounts Payable, prepares starting banks; provides change during events and prepares deposits at the end of all events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Controls assigned company funds and communicate all questionable transactions and/or documentation to proper person.
- Verifies, records and witnesses cash amounts turned in by associates who have responsibility for cash handling.
- Troubleshoots issues with POS Terminals
- Uses POS Software to reconcile event
- Completes applicable documentation accurately and according to corporate policies and procedures.
- Review for accuracy and proper completion of all documentation completed by others.
- Orders, maintains, and distributes change according to event needs.
- Prepares, Issues and collects cashier banks.
- Prepares bank deposit in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Uses manual or mechanical means to count and verify cashier drops.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including mornings, nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Assures that money handling procedures are maintained in accordance with SMG policies.
- Abides by all SMG policies in the Human Resources Policies and Procedures Manual, the Business Code of Conduct, and the Cash Handling Procedures.
- Maintain safe, secure, and sanitary working conditions and leave work area in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Must have a commanding and demonstrative understanding and knowledge of all of the above.
All other duties as assigned
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must have high school diploma or GED
- Must be able to pass a credit check, background check and references check.
- 1-2 years cash handling experience preferred.
- Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative with minimal supervision.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with employees and others encountered through the course of employment.
- Operate standard office equipment and personal computer(s) using MS-DOS, MS Windows, MS Excel, MS Outlook and MS Word.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to learn new computer software
Working Conditions: Requires ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays, in addition to normal business hours. Physical requirements include walking, stooping, lifting up to 30 lbs. and standing for extended periods of time.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRRA Federal Contractor.
SMG/Raising Cane's River Center
10.00 an hour