The Raising Cane’s River Center / SMG has opportunities available for Part-Time Ticket Sellers in our Box Office in Baton Rouge, LA. This event-based position requires a customer service attitude and the ability to work flexible hours.
The ideal candidate will have experience with fast-paced transactions during customer interactions. Box Office positions require experience handling money and the ability to complex seating designs and requirements.
The main role of this position is to perform transactions during or immediately leading up to one of our events.
Other Duties Described:
- Opens and or closes ticket window as required.
- Accurately dispenses tickets as requested by patrons; accepts payment and makes change accurately.
- Maintains accurate count when selling hard tickets or accesses computer for count of computer printed tickets.
- Completes daily ticket sales report. Keeps accurate daily balance sheet of cash received and tickets sold; balances sales and change bank and submits cash to Box Office supervisor or manager for audit.
- Fills reservations for seats by telephone or mail, handles Will-Call window according to procedures, or other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills; responds promptly to customer needs, responds to requests for service and assistance, able to work independently and handle most box office questions without assistance.
- Efficiently and courteously answers questions concerning prices, seating and events. Gives information concerning coming attractions.
- Files various records and reports. Performs related clerical work as assigned
- Must successfully complete criminal and financial background report. (Credit Check)
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must have high school diploma or GED
- Must be able to pass a credit check, background check, and reference check
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results in a fast-paced environment.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Operate standard office equipment and Box Office related software systems.
- Must be able to stand/walk for the duration of shift and must be able to carry and lift according to industry standards
Requires ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays, in addition to normal business hours.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
SMG/Raising Cane's River Center