Posted on: April 9, 2019
SMG, a world leader in venue management, marketing and development, began at the historic Mercedes-Benz Superdome in 1977. SMG provides management services to more than 220 public assembly facilities including convention and exhibition centers, arenas, stadiums, theatres, performing arts centers, equestrian facilities, science centers and a variety of other venues
- Oversee the facility security department, including scheduling, training, and direct supervision.
- Assist Director of Operations in adherence to SMG facility and corporate safety protocols.
- Assist in enacting policies laid forth by local SMG SEMP team.
- Maintains integrity of all reporting documents as related to activity logs, inspections, and building certifications.
- Plans and upholds all departmental goals and initiatives.
- Manage and update safety and asset information in SMG ALTUM program. Create, complete, and compile incident reports as required.
- This position is issued a company paid cell phone, which requires you to answer and reply to all phone calls, text messages, and emails in a timely manner (within 24 hours). It is also required that subordinates are given your number and are able to reach you utilizing this cell phone.
- Protects highly valuable property, such as equipment, material, grounds, etc.
- Patrols an assigned area and/or stands a fixed post.
- Performs safety and security checks of buildings and grounds.
- Checks persons on the premises to determine if they possess proper identifications and are authorized to be present on SMG property.
- Provides customer service functions.
- Conducts preliminary investigations relevant to incidents within an assigned area.
- Intervenes in disturbances/incidents in to maintain peace or restore order.
- Sets up and removes barricades, temporary signs, tables and other materials for parking and crowd management.
- Proficiently operate safety and security equipment.
- Performs other related duties as directed.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with employees and others encountered through the course of employment.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results in a fast-paced environment.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines. Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
SMG Raising Cane's River Center