Summary: Solicit venue sponsorships, advertiser, and special event opportunities. Develop and maintain customer and sponsor data base and tracking system. Create venue opportunities as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Solicit venue sponsorships, advertisers and special event opportunities.
- Create and distribute “Return on Investment Report” for all venue sponsors.
- Provide weekly updates to Director of Sales and General Manager.
- Prepare sponsorship and advertisement proposals as needed.
- Conducts “cold calls”, receives referrals, follows up on all existing clients and looks for opportunity to “upsell” existing clients.
- Maintains data base and tracking system of current and potential sponsors.
- To outline: Client Name, Sponsor Deliverables, Ending Terms, Renewal or deadline, Payments, Invoice dates etc…
- Send out monthly invoices for all building sponsors in conjunction with the Finance Department.
- Work with Finance to insure all billing, trade and payments are update.
- Insure all executed copies of contracts are placed on the shared drive and hard copy retained in master file.
- Coordinate annual client appreciation event – i.e. Golf Tournament.
- Secure location, door prizes and give a ways.
- Maintain spreadsheet for budget
- Assist in coordinating the annual River Center Sponsored Event.
- Secure booths, sponsors and restaurants – if applicable.
- Insure all sales and marketing materials are updated.
- Maintain spreadsheet for budget.
- Send out all surveys to patrons after all ticketed events.
- Maintain and work with Jam Theatricals on annual Broadway subscribers.
- Group sales.
- Maintains a professional and courteous attitude in all dealings with patrons, promoters, vendors, co-workers, and senior management.
- Maintain safe, secure, and sanitary working conditions and leave work area in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Abide by all SMG policies in the Human Resources Policies and Procedures Manual and the Business Code of Conduct.
- Serves as Manager on Duty as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS/BA degree in Business, Public Relations, Journalism, Event Management or other related fields
- 2 to 3 years of experience in selling/renting space for meeting, hospitality and/or hotel events
- Ability to demonstrate an aptitude for developing sales principles and techniques
- Basic math skills are required
- Ability to communicate effectively, written and oral
- Ability to effectively manage many conflicting priorities at one time
- Possess professional presentation, appearance and work ethic
- Proficient computer skills including MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Outlook
- Excellent problem solving, multitasking and decision making skills
- Must be a team player and work effectively with others
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug screen
SMG/Raising Cane's River Center
$30 K with Commission (4% Sponsership/Contract Renewal - 10% New Sponsership/Contracts)