Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Retrieves messages from voice mail and forwards to appropriate personnel.
- Answers incoming telephone calls, determines purpose of callers, and forwards calls to appropriate personnel or department.
- Takes and delivers messages or transfers calls to voice mail when appropriate personnel are unavailable.
- Answers questions about organization and provides callers with address, directions, information about events at the facility and other information.
- Welcomes on-site visitors, determines nature of business, announces visitors to appropriate personnel, directs visitors as needed.
- Monitors visitor access and issues passes when required.
- Operates radio dispatch system as needed.
- Acts as command post as needed for events.
- Updates appointment calendars.
- Receives, sorts, and routes mail, and maintains and routes publications.
- Maintains fax machines, assists users, sends faxes, and retrieves and routes incoming faxes.
- Orders, receives, and maintains office supplies.
- Help with renewals for Broadway series.
- Assists with orientation by copying i.d.’s for all new hires.
- Creates and prints fax cover sheets, memos, correspondence, reports, and other documents when necessary.
- Performs other clerical duties as needed, such as filing, typing, photocopying, and collating.
- Issues payroll checks and maintains the signage sheets.
- Maintains check and cash logs.
- Maintain safe, secure, and sanitary working conditions and leave work area in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Abides by all SMG policies in the Human Resources Policies and Procedures Manual, the Business Code of Conduct, and the Cash Handling Procedures.
- Assist HR Manger with any requests of assistance needed.
- File auditing when requested.
- Receive and log all Fedex and UPS deliveries.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 2 years previous administrative or receptionist experience required
- Must pass background check and drug screen
- Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative with minimal supervision.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with employees and others encountered through the course of employment
- Operate standard office equipment and personal computer(s) using MS Windows, MS Excel, MS Outlook and MS Word
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
Working Conditions: Requires ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays, in addition to normal business hours. Physical requirements include walking, stooping, lifting up to 30 lbs and standing for extended periods of time.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Note: This document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
SMG/Raising Cane's River Center