POSITION: Operations Coordinator
Summary: Responsible for the daily activities required to run, maintain and service the facility and/or the events by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists in directing, supervising and scheduling all aspects of operations, including housekeeping, building maintenance, technical services, ADA and OSHA compliance, public safety and security.
- Coordinates the operations activities with other building departments and show-related contractors.
- Ensure facility rules, regulation policies and procedures are followed by the Operations Department.
- Anticipate problems and appropriate solutions. Investigates, analyzes and solves operational problems and complaints.
- Monitors, evaluates and assures facility readiness and smooth operations of events.
- Responsible for the Master MSDS log in the building.
- Serves as Manager on Duty as required.
- Manages subordinate supervisors for changeovers, is responsible for the overall direction coordination and evaluation of these areas.
- Carries out supervision in accordance with SMG’s policies and applicable laws.
- Supervision responsibilities of these areas includes interviewing, hiring and training part-time employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance and rewarding or disciplining employees in conjunction with Human Resources; addressing complaints and solving problems associated with department employees.
- Maintain safe, secure, and sanitary working conditions and leave work area in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Abides by all SMG policies in the Human Resources Policies and Procedures Manual, the Business Code of Conduct, and the Cash Handling Procedures.
- Maintains the supplies inventory and makes orders and adjustments as needed.
Other duties as assigned
- Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative with minimal supervision.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with employees and others encountered through the course of employment.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results in a fast-paced environment.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines. Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Operate standard office equipment and personal computer(s) using MS-DOS, MS Windows, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS Word, Frontline and E-Time Software.
Working Conditions: Requires ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays, in addition to normal business hours. Physical requirements include feel and reach with hands and arms, walking, stooping, lifting up to 50 lbs. and standing for extended periods of time. Position often exposed to adverse conditions such as fumes, wet floors, dust and noise.
This description portrays in general terms the type and levels of work performed and is not intended to be all-inclusive or to represent specific duties of any one incumbent. The job responsibilities and tasks described herein may be modified and expanded over time. I have read and understand the above requirements of the job. I have received a copy of this position description.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
SMG/Raising Cane's River center