The Raising Cane’s River Center has an exciting position available for Marketing Manager in Baton Rouge, La. This Marketing position will have the responsibility of managing a function in the arena and entertainment industry. The responsibilities include developing and managing marketing plans, which include media buys, grassroots initiatives, social media, and e-mail communications.
The ideal candidate will have verifiable experience developing and delivering strategic Marketing plans that directly increase both short-term and long-term revenue. The position requires advanced experience with graphic design programs, tools, and strategies.
The primary duty of the positions is to drive ticket sales to the events hosted at our facility.
Other Duties Include:
- Develop and coordinate strategic plans for the local advertising for third-party promotion companies.
- Consistent coordination with adjacent departments including, with Box Office, Sales, Operations, and Events.
- Consistent coordination with clients and vendors.
- Create and/or revise graphics used for promotional displays and campaigns.
- Market special in-house events with event promoters, facility personnel, etc.
- Write and deliver press related duties during events.
- Assist in the creation of facility sales and promotional materials.
- Assist in the development of new events to be held at the facility.
- Mail out subscription renewals, take renewal/ new subscriber orders over the phone, upgrade patrons when available, mail out season tickets
- Coordinate subscriber reception and seat selection reception.
- Work with promoters and Sales Manager in the creation of group sales fliers.
- Maintain and update the facility’s website and social media.
- Maintain and update venue marketing tools (Digital Marquees, Galleria Monitors, etc).
- Verify accuracy of invoices and ensure proper billing for settlement with the client.
- Serve as a company resource for internal graphics and/or usage of logo.
- Serves as Manager on Duty as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Advanced experience with graphic design programs, tools, and strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Public Relations or related field required
- 2-5 years of previous experience in Marketing and/or Public Relations or related industry experience (i.e. advertising agency, radio/television sales) required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Advanced understanding of demographics, media rating metrics and media buying ability
The position requires a flexible schedule to cover events including nights, weekends, early mornings and extended hours.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.