Summary: Responsible for performing housekeeping duties in the facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Conducts all cleaning duties including sweeping and vacuuming of carpets, mopping and waxing floors, trash pick-up and removal, cleaning of toilets and urinals, cleaning and shining of mirrors and glass, cleaning walls and trash cans, cleaning of arena seats, dusting furniture, etc.
- Control of housekeeping equipment including but not limited to brooms, mops, buckets and wringers, toilet brushes, garbage bags, push brooms, cleaning cloths, gloves, masks and cleaning solutions, etc.
- Maintains a neat and clean appearance and wears the proper uniform at the direction of the supervisor or manager.
- Observe and report facility repairs and maintenance as necessary.
- Physical conversion/setup of facility in accordance with lease requirements.
- Follow safety standards for employees.
- Ensure proper facility preparations for event requirements as requested.
- Maintain safe, secure, and sanitary working conditions and leave work area in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Maintain general order for facility equipment for front and back of house.
- Abides by all SMG policies in the Human Resources Policies and Procedures Manual, the Business Code of Conduct, and the Cash Handling Procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with employees and others encountered through the course of employment.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results in a fast-paced environment.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines. Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must have High School Diploma or GED
- Must be able to pass background check
- Must have 1- year housekeeping experience/floor technician experience preferred
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
Working Conditions: Requires ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays, in addition to normal business hours. Physical requirements include feel and reach with hands and arms, walking, stooping, lifting up to 50 lbs. and standing for extended periods of time. Position often exposed to adverse conditions such as fumes, wet floors, dust and noise.
Note: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to changes at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.