POSITION: FOOD & BEVERAGE MANAGER
REPORTS TO: Director of Food & Beverage
FLSA STATUS: Full-Time/Salaried/Exempt
Summary: This position oversees operations of F&B Department including Banquets, Concessions and Beverage Services
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Oversees hiring and training of concession and banquet employees.
- Maintaining labor costs and budget goals.
- Fulfilling the service per each Banquet Event Orders (BEO).
- Maintains an active role in local hospitality community and professional associations.
- Attend in-house event-related meetings and relays immediate changes with other departments.
- Maintaining all F&B equipment cleanliness and annual maintenance.
- Maintain a Health Department score of 90 or higher.
- Must be creative in designing buffets and coffee break décor.
- Attention to detail and consistency in every aspect of service is a must
- Position is very hands on with excessive interaction with clients during events.
- Ordering linen and maintaining uniforms.
- Inventory Control for banquets, beverages and concessions.
- Cash and check handling, concession receipts, and balances accounts.
- Supervises the concessions employees in the preparation and service of food and refreshments, as well as clean-up
- Assists in the training of concessions employees engaged in the preparing and cooking foods to ensure high quality, efficient and profitable food service.
- Directs storage, preparation, and serving of refreshments by other workers at refreshment stand or circulating throughout audience.
- Assigns workers to locations.
- Maintain all POS systems, updates, set-up, take down, programming, etc…
- Write all BEO’s & manage costs
- Adhering to and enforcing all SMG Policies and Procedures including Human Resources Policies and Procedures, Business Code of Conduct, Cash and Inventory Handling Procedures and all Baton Rouge River Center Policies and Procedures.
- Responsible for documenting all employee tardies and/or absences, and reporting to and working with HR for all disciplinary actions for employees who violate policy and procedure.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Supervises F & B Assistant Manager and all hourly F&B Staff (100 + employees)
- Training of all concessions, bartending, and banquet staff
- Must be able to pass background and credit checks and drug screen.
- At least two plus years F&B supervisory experience.
- Strong customer service orientation with ability to be a team player.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills.
- Consistent attention to detail.
- Computer skills to include Microsoft Office Applications.
- Excellent organizational, planning, communication, and inter-personal skills.
- Ability to undertake and complete multiple tasks.
- Must possess, or have the ability to obtain within 30 days; Baton Rouge ABC License, Louisiana Responsible Vendor Permit (LACT), and be Serv-Safe Certified.
- Must possess a valid Louisiana Driver’s License.
- Must be able to work flexible, non-standard, hours. To include nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must have High School Diploma or GED, and preferably some post-secondary education.
All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Working Conditions: Requires ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays, in addition to normal business hours. Physical requirements include walking, stooping, lifting up to 50 lbs. and standing for extended periods of time.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
SMG/Raising Cane's River Center