Summary: Under supervision of Director of Food & Beverage, this position works in the main kitchen and in concessions areas preparing food items for the facility,
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Fulfilling the service per each Banquet Event Orders (BEO) or at the direction of the Executive Chef or Sous Chef
- Coordinates with the Concessions Workers, Cashiers and Runners to determine adequate inventory levels for proper and uninterrupted concessions service.
- Assists management, warehouse staff, and all concessions workers maintain accurate inventory control.
- Maintain all Kitchen equipment cleanliness and assists with annual maintenance.
- Must be creative in designing buffet food presentations.
- Prepare recipes as directed.
- Maintain safe, secure, and sanitary working conditions and leave work area in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Abides by all SMG policies in the Human Resources Policies and Procedures Manual and the Business Code of Conduct.
- Attend OSHA required Trainings.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Minimum 1 year experience in Food & Beverage
- Must pass background check
- Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative with minimal supervision.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with employees, guests and others encountered through the course of employment.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results in a fast paced environment with the ability to undertake and complete multiple tasks.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines and remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Must have working knowledge of Food and Beverage operations, including inventory, management and purchasing procedures.
Working Conditions: Requires ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays, in addition to normal business hours. Physical requirements include walking, stooping, lifting up to 30 lbs. to the waist and standing for extended periods of times.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
Note: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.