POSITION: Skate Monitor
REPORTS TO: Event Coordinator/Event Supervisor
FLSA STATUS: Part-Time/Hourly/Non-Exempt
Summary: Under general supervision of the Event Supervisor; the Event Staff employee is an individual who wants to delight customers above and beyond the call of duty. Skate Monitors are responsible for monitoring and verbally communicating to patrons during Skating on the River to ensure a safe environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Figure Skaters with the following basic skill with one or more of the following:
- USFF basic skills level 4 or higher
- ISI Delta level or higher,
- US Hockey league experience
- Provide the primary level of guest assistance during ice skating sessions.
- Required to have a thorough knowledge of building policies and procedures and event requirements.
- Distribute venue information and updates.
- Be available to listen to guests’ compliments and complaints.
- Provide ADA services and information to guests with disabilities and the elderly.
- Make people feel special.
- Keep the ice rink, floors and aisles clear of obstructions.
- Reports any suspicious activity to your supervisor.
- Reports to Manager or Event Supervisor in appropriate uniform for conducive for ice skating.
- Initiate eye contact with guests within 10 feet and smile.
- Avoid negative body language and show that you are confident and capable.
- Preforms other related duties as assigned that are specific to the position and by Manager.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Must be able to pass background and reference checks.
Working Conditions: Requires ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays, in addition to normal business hours. Physical requirements include feel and reach with hands and arms, walking, stooping, lifting up to 50 lbs. and standing and ice skating for extended periods of time.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor