Event Services Coordinator – Full Time
Posted on: April 19, 2017
Summary: Responsible for coordinating client needs with building staff to proper setup and smooth operation of events. This position is Full-Time/Salaried/Exempt.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ascertain client requirements for physical setup, security, ticketing, etc. to ensure the event runs as requested.
- Initiate and distribute required paperwork to communicate client requirements to appropriate facility departments.
- Oversee Operations Department, outside contractors, third-party vendors, concessionaires, etc. during events to ensure that requirements are fully addressed and executed.
- Ensure facility rules, regulations, policies and procedures are enforced.
- Anticipate problems and develop appropriate solutions. Investigates, analyzes and solves operational problems and complaints.
- Inventory, order and maintain Event Services equipment.
- Observe and report facility repairs and maintenance as necessary.
- Act as point person for events and provide clients with updates as necessary for each event.
- Provide guidance and supervision to part-time and service staff during events.
- Maintain safe, secure, and sanitary working conditions and leave work area in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Abides by all SMG policies in the Human Resources Policies and Procedures Manual, the Business Code of Conduct, and the Cash Handling Procedures.
- Serve as Manager on Duty
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited school.
- Two (2) to three (3) years related experience and/or training through event coordination or meeting planning; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Customer/Guest service experience is required.
- Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative with minimal supervision.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with employees and others encountered through the course of employment.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results in a fast-paced environment.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines. Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Operate standard office equipment and personal computer(s) using MS-DOS, MS Windows, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS Word, Celayix Scheduling System and E-Time Software as well as training employees in these systems.
- Must be able to stand/walk for the duration of shift and must be able to carry and lift according to industry standards.
- Requires ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays, in addition to normal business hours. Physical requirements include feel and reach with hands and arms, walking, stooping, lifting up to 50 lbs. and standing for extended periods of time.
SMG/Raising Cane's River Center
Fill out my online form.