The Raising Cane’s River Center / SMG has an opportunity for an Event Manager the Baton Rouge, LA area. The ideal candidate will have the relevant experience planning and executing large events that require multiple resources, including concerts, sporting events, entertainment shows, banquets, and various large private events.
The Event Manager Position requires the successful candidate to manage the event department’s efforts in the coordination of resources for planned events. The position is responsible for the communication during the initial planning stage, the actual event, and subsequent settlement. It is also designed to manage the daily work activities and professional development of an event services team.
Other Duties Include:
- Provide professional client services support in the planning, organization and management of events with the facility, and monitoring the logistics of these events after booking and through their conclusion by either performing tasks personally or through subordinates.
- Provide clear, concise, and timely communication of directives to other departments.
- Coordinate outside service needs as necessary.
- Implement and enforce facility rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Prepare staffing schedule for part-time event services personnel on an event by event basis.
- Supervise Event Services Staff, to include guest service manager, event supervisors, ushers, ticker takers, door guards, security personnel, police officers, fire inspectors, EMTs, guest services personnel and command post.
- Serve as liaison for all facility clients to ensure highest level of customer service for all external service providers.
- Monitor the compliance of standard operating procedures for the Event Services Department.
- Work with relevant departments to ensure the prompt invoicing of clients and timely, accurately client settlement.
- Coordinate the client settlement process to completion or relevant Accounting review.
- Maintain safe, secure, and sanitary working conditions and leave work area in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Abides by all SMG policies in the Human Resources Policies and Procedures Manual and the Business Code of Conduct
- Serve as Manager on Duty
- Other duties as assigned.
- Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative with minimal supervision.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with employees and others encountered through the course of employment.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results in a fast-paced environment.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines. Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Operate standard office equipment and personal computer(s) using, MS Windows, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS Word, and E-Time Software.
- Must be able to stand/walk for the duration of shift and must be able to carry and lift according to industry standards
Requires ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays, in addition to normal business hours. Physical requirements include feel and reach with hands and arms, walking, stooping, lifting up to 50 lbs. and standing for extended periods of time.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.