Summary: Under supervision of Director of F&B and/or Executive Chef, maintain and clean inventory of small wares, utensils, and kitchen supplies and equipment along with keeping the kitchen area safe and sanitary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Keep all dishes, small wares, and utensils cleaned.
- Organize and maintain proper inventory of small wares, utensils, and cleaning supplies and equipment, reordering when necessary.
- Clean and properly maintain working areas and equipment in kitchen.
- Organize and properly store perishables for Cooks and receiving and issuing Clerks.
- Some food preparation when assigned by Supervisor.
- Set up and breakdown of dishes, food equipment & linen from events.
- Follow all rules and regulations of SAVOR/SMG.
- Maintain safe, secure, and sanitary working conditions and leave work area in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Abides by all SMG policies in the Human Resources Policies and Procedures Manual and the Business Code of Conduct.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with employees and others encountered through the course of employment.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Work in a fast paced environment.
- Must have a pleasant personality and neat and clean appearance.
- Must be able to work standing for the duration of shift.
- Must have proper non slip safety shoes.
- Must pass background check.
Working Conditions: Requires ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays, in addition to normal business hours. Physical requirements include walking, stooping, lifting up to 50 lbs. and standing for extended periods of time.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
Note: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.