The Raising Cane’s River Center in Baton Rouge, LA has an immediate opening for a Convention Sales and Catering Sales Manager in Baton Rouge, LA. This unique position is designed to bring new conventions to our facility and manage the catering experience for our existing clients and events.
The ideal candidate will have verifiable catering management experience in a fast-paced client facing position. The sales portion of the position is responsible for developing leads and securing new business to our facility. Events range from conventions, Broadway type shows, sporting events, weddings, and private conferences.
The position has primary responsibilities of booking and managing catered events.
Other Duties Include:
- Responsible for working in conjunction with the Sales, Marketing, Event, and Food & Beverage departments to obtain long-term relationships with clients.
- Negotiate & book new & repeat business by doing sales calls, facility tours, telemarketing, mailings, networking, attending trade shows, etc…
- Manage catering staff during event preparation and service.
- Develop contacts and networks within the corporate and convention market, associations, and social and civic organizations operating and servicing the Greater Baton Rouge area.
- Develop proposals and food & beverage contracts for potential clients and follow through on pending bookings while up selling catering services when able.
- Prepare and deliver contracts for potential clients and follow thru on pending bookings, while up selling catering services when added.
- Maintain costing & pricing sheets for all catering supplies and any additional food & beverage services.
- Maintain proper inventory of all bars during catering events.
- Assist clients with menu selection to ensure the menu is within budget and will achieve the goals of our clients and the standards of Savor…Raising Canes River Center.
- Produce contracts and Banquet Event Order for each event, acquires client signatures on all BEO’s, deposits and Food & Beverage Policies by their due dates.
- Prepare and distribute banquet event orders to all departments as required
- Hire and train all catering staff
- Prepare and distribute final food and beverage invoice to accounting within 24 hours of event conclusion.
- Other Duties as assigned.
- Four-year college degree preferably in Hospitality Management or Business Administration.
- Two years of hospitality management experience in a catering environment; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two years of practical sales experience in hotel or convention center required.
- Two plus years of supervisory experience required.
- Must be able to pass Credit, Background, and References checks.
- Results-oriented individual with the ability to meet required sales goals.
- Excellent customer service, communication, planning, organizational and inter-personal skills, and ability to multi-task.
- Oral and written communication skills with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office & Excel.
Requires ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays, in addition to normal business hours.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor