Summary: Responsible for Bar Service at the Baton Rouge River Center
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide great customer service
- Maintain safe, secure, and sanitary working conditions.
- Must be knowledgeable of the AccuPOS Point of Sale software, as well as have gone through the proper training.
- Abide by and maintain established accurate cash handling/control procedures at all times.
- Abide by and maintain established accurate inventory control procedures at all times.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting to the Money Room and its Agents.
- Coordinate with the Concessions Supervisors, Cashiers and/or Runners adequate inventory levels for proper and uninterrupted concessions/bar service.
- Interact with customers and clients in a pleasant and professional manner.
- Prepare all beverage items for sale in the station.
- Follow all rules and regulations which apply to the SAVOR/SMG and the SAVOR Safe Alcohol Management Program.
- Requests identification for every guest purchasing alcohol.
- Abides by all SMG policies in the Human Resources Policies and Procedures Manual, the Business Code of Conduct, and the Cash Handling Procedures.
- Maintain safe, secure, and sanitary working conditions and leave work area in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Must have a commanding and demonstrative understanding and knowledge of all of the above.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must have minimum of 2 years verifiable experience as a bartender
- Maintain an effective working relationship with employees and others encountered through the course of employment.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results in a fast-paced environment.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines. Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Must be able to stand/walk for the duration of shift and must be able to carry and lift according to industry standards
- Must be ServSafe certified and able to obtain a City/Parish Responsible Server Bar Card.
- Must pass a background check.
Working Conditions: Requires ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays, in addition to normal business hours. The position requires working in an office, warehouse, and concession stand setting in addition to the physical requirements of continuous walking, stooping lifting up to 30 lbs. and standing for extended periods of times.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
Note: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.